Hyundai Motor Company
Získejte týdenní aktualizace, nové pracovní nabídky a recenze

Recenze zaměstnanců společnosti Hyundai Motor Company v místě Fountain Valley, CA

Název pracovní pozice
Lokalita
Nalezeno 42 recenzí odpovídajících vyhledávání
Zobrazit všechny recenze (1 627)
Pracovní kultura
Compensation was fair, but not great. I was blown away how NICE the people are at Hyundai. Probably the most people-friendly place i have ever worked in my 20 year career. Work load was fairly light, at least for my project.
Not sure
Pracovní kultura
Other than the pay, there’s nothing good to say about this stagnant corporation. Products are very cheap, growth is very slow and the culture circles around pointing fingers on a daily basis.
Pay was decent
Growth was static
Pracovní kultura
enjoyed the people around me but the job itself felt unfulfilling and it made me feel bad for some of the customers. They were also always changing the quotas around and expecting us to do more with less.
Výhody
Room for growth and opportunity
Nevýhody
Unfulfilling work and constantly changing quotas
Pracovní kultura
Splendid place to work.. The benefits were second to non and I enjoyed the promotion of a family atmosphere. In as much, growth through education was a plus and tuition reimbursement, isa plus.
Výhody
The rental of company cars..
Cross training wasn't offered
Bylo toto hodnocení užitečné?
Ohodnoťte společnost, pro kterou jste nedávno pracoval(a)
Podělte se o své zkušenosti, a pomozte tak ostatním
Pracovní kultura
Working here was one of the highlights of my career. Go in with an open mind and with a willingness to learn and grow. Learn to work with other groups and share resources.
Pracovní kultura
I have not worked at HMA since 2011 when I was laid off abruptly with no explanation, no warning, no notice. I'm not sure why I am being asked to take this survey. I learned a lot from my manager, but almost every single person on the team hated her because she was very condescending and abrasive.
Pracovní kultura
Life at Hyundai can be slow moving but it was a fun time. It is hard to move up within the company though. Consider moving on to a new job when you feel like you have stopped learning.
Pracovní kultura
Hyundai Telematics of America (HATA) is a great place to work. Facilities are excellent with cafeteria, gym, conference rooms etc. I highly recommend to work here in Fountain Valley, CA headquarters.
Pracovní kultura
The company culture was destroyed when they started bringing in managers from Korea and other auto manufacturers. What had been a nice company, with a positive culture and enthusiasm for creativity and problem-solving became a very unpleasant place to even enter the building, all in a time space of approximately 6 months. Managers were clueless on the positions of their employees, and had no idea how to actually do that work, yet were consistently "advising" us on how to do our jobs. Upper management was incompetent, at best, and only doing the things necessary to survive, placing all of the work-load on lower-level employees. Initiative was actually punished, and the company had no problem shooting the messenger. I would have to be desperate to work for this company again.
Micro-management, incompetence of management
Pracovní kultura
Enjoyed my time, innovative ideas can get to the top. Would work for again in the future. Lots of vendors so many projects have added costs due to vendor overhead.
Pracovní kultura
Great place to work great management great people cafe is amazing people are very helpful critical but fair takes pride in helping customers and providing the best customer care
Staff environment cafe
Pay lack of vacation
Pracovní kultura
Hyundai is was a great place for me to move from a small/midsize company into a larger company. I learned a lot in a short amount of time, because the company culture is kind of throw you in the deep end and make you swim. Unfortunately the sink or swim mentality is a metaphor for how the company operates as a whole.
Výhody
Onsite Gym & fitness classes (free for employees), empoyees can buy Pete's Coffee & lunch onsite.
Nevýhody
Low pay, no trust in employees, hard to get anything done.
Pracovní kultura
Answer phone calls from all over the U.S. for technical assistance, I learned a lot about the products and how to read electrical diagrams, management was a little confusing,
Na
Na
Pracovní kultura
Small team. Open office. great boss. Great learning and collaborative opportunities. Training is provided if asked for. Lean and Nimble work culture. Processes are still in development phases.
Pracovní kultura
I worked for a third party MSP in a Lead Tech role doing desktop support. For some of this review, Hyundai is blameless, but not all. The company I worked for took over desktop support from another MSP. I spent a month working out of a conference room while we gathered knowledge from Hyundai "SMEs" regarding procedures regarding the 5+ CBUs within Hyundai Motor America. Unfortunately, this amount of time was not nearly enough due to the fact that Hyundai Auto Ever America pandered to each CBU individually and there was no consistency in support or procedure between the CBUs. Additionally, the company I worked for did not have the foresight or desire to do anything other than collect the paycheck for services that could not have possibly been rendered in anything close to an efficient or professional manner. If you are a desktop technician who has been approached to work for the company I worked for at Hyundai Motor America, do yourself a favor...run...fast.
Really?
Pracovní kultura
6 month temporary assignment Asian workplace culture duties were assigned by manager and department staff, assisting with overflow tasks. hoped to be able to work full time
Pracovní kultura
Senior Computer operator on IBM 3090, ES9000 9672 mainframe using JES2 with STORAGE TEK tape silos. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining all computer equipment in a large data center environment. Responsible for batch processing using JOBTRAC with CA11 and DB2 and JES2. Respond to all inquires on status of system and assure a timely turnaround of output reports.Respond in a timely manner to system problems and monitor console for job flow. Also responsible for all aspects of disaster recovery procedures and implementation. Maintained and updated all system documentation and recommend changes.
Výhody
Good understanding manager willing to listen to changes
co workers very hostile
Pracovní kultura
there isn't much interaction between cubicles because the people come and go quite often. no one is there long cause it is a contracted position. i didn't like it much because it didn't fit my personality.
free coffe and tea
too quiet
Pracovní kultura
By the time a customer reached our department they were already frustrated with their vehicle and Hyundai. Our job was to make the customer happy by either replacing or repurchasing their vehicle. In doing this we had to know the lemon laws in each state, as they are all different, and work with the dealership. We were kind of the middleman. All face to face contact was by the dealership where the customer had to sign all the paperwork. It was a challenge and I thoroughly enjoyed doing the work. 99.9% of the customers were satisfied when all was said and done. In over 30 years of customer service I have only had one customer that I could not handle. The only bad part was management and the turnover.
Výhody
Salary and many free lunches
Management turnover.
Pracovní kultura
Unfortunately for Hyundai it is a mess right now. The lack of leadership in the organization is a key problem. People are unhappy and the company is lean and demanding. Management is overwhelmed and making poor decisions. Very disorganized and departments run very independent from one another. It is a shame--Hyundai has so much potential. Leadership at the top is critical to their success. Korean parent company really needs to allow for US input on needs and solutions to be successful in the US market. Production challenges also need to be addressed to grow share. Product itself is great. Focus on collaborating with their dealer partners is also needed--dealers are unhappy.
Benefits and Car Allowances
Management, Lack of Leadership, Too Lean, Unhappy Employees
Pracovní kultura
The typical day is a drag. People pray for the weekends and holidays to come sooner. Most of this is because of poor management/leadership and low pay. It doesn't help that the company has not been profitable in 2 1/2 years.